Monday, January 30, 2012

Go-go

I'm currently jamming to Pieces of Me sang by Rare Essence Gogo version of Ashlee Simpon's awesome  hit Pieces of Me. My ride or die Marvina aka Connie to my Bonnie is a D.C native and always has me hip with the coolest Go-go jams. Now we're jamming to Party in the U.S.A. by New Impressionz, yes the Miley Cyrus joint turned Go-go. Now that's dope! Go-go music is so dope to me. I fell in love with it instantly. What's better than the hottest rap and hip-hop songs performed with live instruments and a whole different type of hype! Now plays the booty shaking part of the six minute long or longer song. I'm trying to type and shake my booty right as we read. Go-go goes all the back to the 60's and 70's when it was created in D.C. The unique sound has a blend of funk, rhythm and blues, and early hip-hop with a focus on percussion instruments.

I have to figure out how to add a music widget thing, but for now, here's a YouTube link of what I'm currently jamming to as I close this.




Good night! Thank you <3