Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Spark That!

This was way overdue.

&I have no excuse as to why I haven't written about this any time sooner.

But I must give credit where credit is due.

So, I was sitting on my bed.

I wasn't bored, but I wasn't doing anything.

I get on my Virtual DJ because I haven't fucked with it in a long time. I click on a specific mix tape.

#95Live.

Granted to me by the realest, most awesome, rapper that I virtually and soulfully know as Keith Hale, but to others he is known as ARISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SPARKKKKKKSSSSSSS!!!! (Aris Sparks) I just had to type it like that because the name is just so dope that it needs extra emphasizes. He told me that his name is influenced by the late Greek philospher, Aristotle.

Before I get into with what I'm going to say/write.

Everything you read is real rap literally and literally. I am not fronting. But I am extremely expressive.

Aris Sparks dropped his mixtape, #95Live Friday, May 11.

I copped it on Friday, May 11.

I jammed to it about five times back to back on Friday, May 11.

A humble, young man, doing the same thing as a lot of other young men but standing out so much as to putting a positive impact on MY life. For real.

Picture yourself at the beach, every new wave is different from the last. Some are powerful, some are soft, some are sloppy, some are smooth, you know? That's what your music reminds me of. With a red light shining on the water ....

                                        

With every new material Aris Spakrs grants me with, I hear growth. Not that the previous work is bad, because it is definitely not. But what I mean is, GROWTH. I just hear it. I feel it. I see it.

I hear it in his voice. When the beat drops.

I feel it when I close my eyes and paint a picture with his words.

I see it when I open my eyes.

#95Live reminds me of the good ol' days. I was like two years old in 95, lmao, but the 90's is a major highlight of my hip-hop and rap life.

I remember every song that Aris Sparks rapped over. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy. If your music can make somebody feel warm and fuzzy I think that's pretty rad :)

"Gimme Some More"
"Money, Cash, Hoes"
"Crush On You"
"C.R.E.A.M"
just to name a few.

I admire Keith Hale, the person and Aris Sparks, the rapper.

Even though we only virtually know each other, I've got to personally experience Aris Sparks improvement in his music. I look forward to hearing every new material he blesses me with because I already know it's going to be good.

One song that really did me wonderful, mentally and physically is his song "Get Up."

It was given to me as a single track, so it's not on #95Live.

I was going through a tough time. I was just listening to some tunes when "Get Up" came on. It really uplifted my spirits. I felt the need to "Get Up" out of the hole I was in. Once I put myself in a hole, I can't dig any deeper because it costs to buy shovels and I am not paid, so I have to use my hands to "Get Up." I replayed the song again and felt so much better. I celebrated with Aris right there in my headphones with my eyes closed. A nice good 2 minutes and 49 seconds.

Another great song from Aris is "Hip Hop" off of the mixtape, A Prelude to An Exit, first work I heard from Aris. It's like a modern version of Common's "I Used to Luv H.E.R" but spoken from Aris's point of view and relations with Hip-Hop.

"Take It Back" a track off of A Prelude to An Exit

Peep and Zownload #95Live right neetz!

        "Me &You" a track off of #95Live

zownload>>>>>http://thetapedeck.net/2012/05/mixtape-aris-sparks-95live/ <<<<<<zownload

I support.



Thank you <3 and thank you, Twitter.